Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Flurries can become an avalanche Part 1

On Sunday I asked question that snowballed in ways that have yet to sink in all the way. My mother has only now in the last six years been someone I can talk to.  The fact that I'm grown with my own children (Trista 6 and Gavin 5) is the biggest reason. I learned I can't do it on my own and she did everything for my brother and I out of love!
 I told my mom now that I'm working part time and still new to Newton, I really miss chatting with other ladies. That missing piece in my day led to the idea of finding a coffee group here in Newton. This sounded awesome and easy to do, oh was I fooled. With a lack of leads and not wanting to join the old men in town, I went on Facebook to a local group What's Happening In Newton. That first snowflake fell so easy, I asked - Is there a coffee group of moms in Newton. Soon that little question was the focus of comments by other ladies. After finding out that there wasn't such a group, I threw out the idea how about coffee tomorrow at 9 downtown at Norm’s.

It was painless, easy and felt amazing, I couldn't wait to get off work and meet whoever showed up for coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment