Thursday, November 14, 2013

What happens when my weekly shopping, and a calculator meet for the first time.

We all seen or heard of the ads and crazy show of families shopping with a stack of coupons. Those families get to the register I with a cart so full it makes the any mom swoon with envy. When all is said and done some of those coupon families are paid buy the store for the groceries that families is taking home. Yes their is a method to their madness, but I can never get that many coupons at one time or find that deal that sends me home with cash in hand.

To keep my family fed I use some other methods which have work very well for us. I shop at Meridian Grocery, first to help save money for our family. Meridians Grocery's mission is "To provide a family friendly atmosphere where our customers can enjoy a pleasant shopping experience at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on being a family owned local business where our customer’s needs are met while we do our part to help Newton and its surrounding communities prosper."

I know I save money but didn't know how much, so today I bought things our family would eat normally. My total was 24.54(22.69 +1.85tax). When I got home I went online to price the exact same brand and size of what I bought. That total was 67.59! I saved 44.90


Best item discount When In Rome... Pasta sauce sells for $9.68 i got it for $1.19 

So what will I be making with these groceries .
-Chicken and rice with vegetables
-Pizza casserole
-Chicken and stuffing casserole 
- Cheesy beef and mac skillet with tomatoes, this is my kids favorite
-Veggie quesadilla
-Fried potatoes with sausage
-Tomato soup with tortellini You should try this it's AMAZING, and makes messy soup eaters, in to clean little angels!
That's 7 nights of dinner and one night where we have a leftover buffet!

1 comment:

  1. Meridian Grocery huh. Interesting, I've seen the place but never went in.

    ReplyDelete